Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I got a package! (not that one Emily, Shannon, and Gail)

I got a package from Edinburgh today! I sent my friend Fee money to buy me roving with and this is what came today.

Counter clockwise from the top: Undyed merino (brown) 600g, Milk protein (casein) 100g, Mixed merino pack in ocean colors 200g, Undyed gotland 200g

This is maybe the best package, I've ever gotten (now how many times have I said that....). I think I'm going to use the gotland for the Kool-haas hat. I was also amused today because I get all of my mail sent to my school so I picked up the package in the reception. Because I was really excited I opened it and showed James, one of the people who works in the reception, the contents. He picked up one of the things of gotland and stroking it said "aw man, can I just sit here and stroke this all day?" It was amazing!

Oh, the other package still hasn't come yet....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buy James a drop spindle and teach him to spin with some luxurious fiber!

Anonymous said...

dammit! according to usps tracking, yours arrived in austria on the 7th of january - no dice yet???? geeeeezzzzz!

Neuroknitter said...

That roving is bee-u-tiful!!! A Koolhaas hat will be outstanding in your handspun!!

Peri said...

Ooo nice fibre!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a package!

Miracle said...

How exciting for you! Your socks look great, by the way - neat to see the finished product.

Also, the next time we get together, we NEED to make pierogi. I've got a recipe and gave it a try last night. And if you don't like the cheese we can put something else inside. ;)