Thursday, January 3, 2008

A new year and new goodies

So some of you know that my wheel has been having some issues as of late - the wheel itself (as in, the large wheel that turns :) ) would move about .75 cm forward when I would treadle and rub up against the rocker bar that connects the two treadles. After emailing Gord Lendrum and the people I bought it from it had been determined that I need to tighten the bolt on the frame that connects the wheel to the frame. Of course this involves a wrench which is not something one brings when studying abroad. I finally went out to find one today and came back with this.

Gusto (an Austrian cooking magazine), Zotter chocolate, and the ever important wrench (and bits)

Well, low and behold, after a bit of screwing it works! Of course one of the little plastic feet things came off at some point last month and I think it got vacuumed up at some point - not a super big deal but now it walks ever so slightly when I spin but its not too noticeable (probably because its on carpet) and I can find another foot thing somewhere (if not in Vienna I'll get one in Portland this summer). But yes - now my wheel is back to normal and I can spin again! Now...about ordering more roving....

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

Julie was talking about learning to spin! I told her she better learn sooner than later because upon your return we would be spinning during movie night!!!

I'm glad you found the necessary tools (chocolate!!) to facilitate the big fix!!

Spin on!!!