Saturday, January 12, 2008

Long time

For whatever reason I've been neglecting /putting off writing in the blog for a while (I guess thats what happens when you fix your wheel). I've been preocuping myself with more knitting than spinning, I don't have a whole lot of roving or tops in my room so I've been making myself spin less because I know I'll end up using it all and then get sad because I have nothing left. Never fear though - the magnificent Fee has put a ton of roving in the mail for me (I gave her money to pick some stuff up and send it with the candy Ant brought me) so I should be getting it by mid-week.

I also finally finished Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks this past Monday. Sadly I didn't have enough yarn to finish the toe so I used some left over Zen String

Then Tuesday morning I found the Cobblestone Pullover pattern on sale on Interweave Press' website, so I bought that along with the pattern for the Koolhaas Hat and proceeded to go to the yarn store I go to the most often here and pick up the yarn for the sweater and start that day.

Body and six or so inches of the first sleeve

This is what happens when I start something and I'm on a break from school and have no other projects....I knit like crazy. I finished the body tonight and am about six or so inches (I'm eyeballing it) into the first sleeve. After that I have the second sleeve and then the yoke and I'm done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowza, a! you are one heck of a fast knitter. now, post a fo photo of the avast!

Adam said...

it still needs a zipper....STILL - yes, i'm lazy, well and completely forgot to get one today

Lauren said...

This looks wonderful. Love your toes, too!

Neuroknitter said...

Ditto what Shannon wrote...wowie!!! You are a super fast knitter...I love the socks! That sweater is going to be really nice!!