Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in Krakow

I got back from Krakow on Thursday afternoon and while I didn't take a whole lot of pictures of Krakow itself we cooked a lot and, thus, that is what I took pictures of.


Most of that is from Christmas Eve dinner. The menu was:
  • Green Salad
  • Potato Salad
  • Beet Salad
  • Fried Carp (breaded and un-breaded)
  • Deviled Eggs
  • Bread
  • White Wine
  • Mulled Wine
  • Warm Beer
  • Crepes (with a number of topics
Apparently in Poland and The Czech Republic fried carp is a Christmas tradition. We weren't quite sure whether or not they make it breaded or not so - we did it both ways, un-breaded was my my favorite.

The next morning Aurora and I got up early to make breakfast for Annie and Sarah (who is visiting me in 6 and a half hours!). Of course we didn't take any pictures of it but it included:
  • Orange Juice
  • Potato Hash (made from the leftover potato salad)
  • Crepes
  • Apple Sauce (homemade by yours truly)
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • French Toast (made with repurposed crepe batter with some flour, sugar, and cinnamon added)
Then for dinner on Christmas day we had Borscht, Salad, and these fried sandwiches (soaked in the excess french toast batter - who would have known crepe batter could be turned into so many things) that had cheese (though mine were cheeseless), sauted mushrooms and eggplant, and mustard on them.

Now for New Years Eve, the menu so far is, empanadas (with the recipe that Sarah got from an 80 year old Argentine woman), salad, maybe schnitzel (because ya know - schnitzel and empanadas go together so well...) and...we'll see what else.
There endeth the cooking segment for the day :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

ADAM!!!

you mailed me. That is so nice. you are nice. I wish i could eat your beautiful food.

I lost your address. re-send? I would love to send you a real letter (i forgot your presents in NY- valentines day present?)

love love

liz