Sunday, December 2, 2007

Obsession


I plied around 100g of the silk/merino blend tonight. I'm pretty happy with it. Its amazingly soft and its a mix between worsted and sport weight. Oh and none of it is over spun! (and none of it is under spun to the point of falling apart/weakness) I think my goal right now is to spin something of any weight (except for bulky because I don't actually like bulky yarns for the most part) that is really even. Thats the goal. Oh and I also want a book or two about spinning because I still haven't actually read anything out of a book (hell I haven't read a whole lot online either, I'm apparently big on the trial and error method - it seems to be working well). My Christmas list this year is comprised of two things: roving and a book on spinning. I probably won't get them though, not for Christmas.

I also finished the main knitting portion of Avast today! It needs to be blocked, seamed, and the zipper sewn in and then it'll be done. No new pictures yet, but after its blocked and seamed I'll attempt to take a picture it'll be interesting because I've never taken a picture of any knitted item that large.

1 comment:

ritarenata said...

we missed youadam on wednesday, but we thought, you got now new priorities with your new friend, "mr wheel".
:-)
such a yummy-looking-yarn!
keep on