Tuesday, December 11, 2007

idea part two

So it has recently come to my attention that in my ideal world, a rough outline of my [working] life after college would look like this.

I. Work at an LYS
A. Teach classes at said LYS
II. Eventually find a partner
III. Stop working at LYS, start hand dying yarn and roving, and sell said yarn/fiber on the internet and, if I'm lucky, whole sale. - Note the partner would continue working at their job
A. Spin and knit in my "spare time"

All that being said, I think I might experiment with dying roving this summer and possibly selling it on etsy.com because really, I don't have much to loose. If it doesn't sell I can give it to people (Gail I'm looking at you) and keep some, and if it does sell then, I'll get money off of it (maybe not profit but I'll gain experience).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear adam,

you are awesome. like whoa.

love liz.

Neuroknitter said...

I heart your idea...keep looking at me, cuz I'm looking right back atcha' with a big ole grin and hands in the receiving position!!! You go guy!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, too bad you don't have any friends who own a LYS and might help out with #1 on that list... ;)

Neuroknitter said...

Yeh Adam!!! What Emily said!!! :) :)