Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No Socktoberfest for me

As of this morning I've decided that I'm not going to cast anything before I finish Lizard Ridge. I'm actually kinda getting tired of it. I love the design, and I love it as a physical object, but after 20 squares...I'm very ready to be done.


The newest SIP (square in progress)

It also looks like I'm going to be teaching at least one person at school how to knit. One of the people I go to school with, who's name I don't know, asked me if I would teach her when we were (the instrumentalists and the singers) were switching rooms during performance workshop this evening.
I knit in between classes at school almost every day (turns out the German teachers - they love the knitting, they ask me about it all the time and are so happy to see me knitting) so everyone knows I knit. Sometimes people ask me to teach them how, but in the "wow that'd be great - but I don't want you to actually take me up on this request" sort of way. She apparently talked about wanting to learn how to knit to a number of people, who all pointed her in my direction, then she took down my name so she could look me up on Facebook. I think it'll be nice, I love knitting, I love telling people about knitting, and, as long as she's not one of those people who doesn't admit to not knowing everything, it should be nice. Also, somehow I don't have any classes with her yet we are both doing music here - thats almost unheard of.

Totally unrelated - I miss writing papers, I don't get it. However, this time next year this won't be the case.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Now, you need to ship it back here so we can see it... :)

Anonymous said...

thats so funny, when i imagine you knitting between classes. rita