Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rowany goodness

I attempts to sweeten what was a bad day I went to The good yarn store in Vienna (there's a bunch of little ones that don't really have anything good, and this one isn't steller, but it is by far the best one we have here) - Zwei Glatt, Zwei Verkehrt (which I think means something along the lines of "knit two, purl two" and this is what I got...


Five balls of Rowan Pure Wool DK for the Red Light Special hat (I also bought the Rowan Classic book 22: Travel). It'll be my first foray in fair-isle knitting - I'm ambitious. I also will hopefully have at least one more square for Lizard Ridge done by the end of this weekend depending on how much time I have.

In other news, I finally called my new flute teacher who - because the Austrians seem to love their cell phones (aka. Handies) text messaged me the address that she teaches at, which as very amusing at 9:30 in the morning. After doing a quick google map search, it turns out that she's about 6 blocks away from the LYS that I bought all of the Rowan from - this could be dangerous to my bank account.

No comments: