Thursday, November 22, 2007

Arg!!

So def. no pictures for todays post but there might be another one tonight.
So right now I should be on a plane towards London, but instead I'm sitting in the Bratislava airport (but there's free internet!). What ended up happening was that I got to the bus stop for the Ryan Air bus nice and early and it wasn't there. So then I ended up missing that bus because I didn't know it was there (and it was dark so I could barely see the head lights). So then we took a bus that left an hour later (at 8) to Bratislava airport (an hour and 20 min away) and got there, 15 min after they stopped the check in. We (mainly the British guy and I) pleaded but they wouldn't budge. So we totally missed that flight.
Then I noticed that there was a flight out to Birmingham at 12 that Sky Europe was doing. So I ended up booking a seat on that flight for an amazing amount of money (I could have flown from Portland to NYC for how much I'm paying for this flight what is normally a discount airline). So I should, if everything goes as plans, get into Birmingham at 1:30 and I called Kelly and she says that there is a train that will take me from there (the airport) to Oxford in an hour so I'll actually end up getting to Oxford earlier than expected (which is nice). The train from the airport leaves at 2:15 so that should give me enough time to get off the plane and get my luggage as I don't want to wait for the next train (that leaves an hour later).

But yes, this has been my day so far - I'm still somewhat relaxed though I think that all of my anxiety may just be going all to the back of my neck as it hurts - a lot. I'm also more than a little sleep deprived. The moral of the story: be resourceful. It is possibly my best trait.

On a nicer note, when I was standing in the Sky Europe check in line I was right in front of this couple from Wales and they saw the "no knitting needles" thing on the sign of prohibited items and were commenting on how dumb it was. So I turned around to commiserate with them and we had a nice little chat about knitting, and how knitting needles should be allowed on flights because really - what in the world are you going to do with a knitting needle, other than knit. Then I told them that I was getting a spinning wheel and they were very pleased - it was cute.

Oh and actually, turns out, my fight will be half an hour late (which they can maybe make up in the air, that would make me more than happy) so I'll maybe get into oxford at 4:15.

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

Happy Thanksgiving Adam! I hope it will soon be filled with the relaxing whir of a LENDRUM!!! I can't wait to see your photos!