Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sock Meme Day

I suppose I should write about the more amusing things before I do the meme. I finished the arms of Avast this afternoon at school in between class and my rehearsals. Sadly no pictuers were taken though, at the moment it looks like one big long blue blob because of how short the needle is in comparison to how many stitches there are on it (32" 316 sts before the decreases). Hopefully there will be pictures tomorrow. I also fly to Oxford on Thursday (via London) and get my wheel on Friday!

Now, onto the Sock Meme stolen from here:
1. What’s your favorite sock yarn? (please note that the word ‘yarn’ is singular. Just pick one. I know it’s hard.)
Hmm...really anything hand painted that has a good base yarn. I really like Zen String and Cherry Tree Hill though. I still have yet to knit with Socks That Rock sadly.

2. What’s your favorite type and brand of sock needle?
I like to knit my socks on two 24" Addi [metal] circulars - yay for me being in Europe now, the land of the cheap Addies. I have hopes of buying out my fav. LYS here of all of their Addies. I only really knit with DPNs when there is a pattern that three or four times (and thus its easier to just use DPNs).

3. Do you knit your socks toe up, cuff down, or sideways?
Cuff down and toe up. I prefer toe up because its easier to try them on midway through.

4. Do you knit both socks at once or just one at a time?
One at a time. I still haven't tried two at a time yet.

5. What’s your favorite toe and why?
Star toes because they're pretty (what an answer).

7. Do you prefer plain or patterned socks?
Well...I prefer patterned socks to stockinette but I feel like I'm in this content struggle to find a patterns that show off hand dyed yarn well.

8. Who do you knit the most socks for?
Me! I did knit a pair for my mom right before I came to Austria though. I also have to knit my aunt some socks, the yarn is sitting on the table waiting for me to do so but I'm putting it off because I know it isn't going to be an xmas gift.

9. Do you darn your socks? If not, what do you do with them?
I haven't had to yet. I might if I liked them enough but we'll just have to wait and see.

10. Do you only wear handknit socks?
Someone actually asked me that today when I was knitting avast. At the moment I wear almost only hand knit socks. The only exception would be when I'm wearing my dress socks or my fleece socks.

No comments: