Sunday, November 25, 2007

You asked for it



My first skein of hand spun on the wheel (I have a few tiny skeins of stuff that I've spun on my drop spindle). The roving I used is called "Pick and Super" which was described to me by the very cute and sweet couple at the place I bought my wheel as "a mix of different [wool] fibers". So I bought 200g of that and then 200g of this really gorgeous merino/silk roving that I might post pictures of tomorrow (I still haven't actually taken a picture of it).

Avast is also almost done. I finished the yoke yesterday and I need to start the collar today which should go very quickly, and then knit some odd inches at the bottom and then it can get blocked!

5 comments:

Peri said...

Nice first skein! - Watch out though it is so addictive. I spend way more spinning than I do knitting these days.

Virtuous said...

You didn't waste any time! Very nice!

I found you over on Ravelry. Like your blog! :o)

Neuroknitter said...

Adam! That's lovely yarn! Wowee...you're a natural!! Now I can't wait to see what you'll knit with your first handspun!!!

Unknown said...

and this is really your FIRST skein??? That's amazing!
Helga

yarnbird said...

I just saw that you got the wheel I always wanted to have. So now I'm really jealous. The wheel an the yarn look so nice.
Verena