Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Progress - dear lord I'm boring today

Avast is coming right along. As of now the body is about 8 of the 15 needed inches. I also apparently have no ability to take a good picture of it. Its also still small enough to fit into my bag with all of my books/music/flute. That being said, when it gets too large to take to school with me I'm going to start a sock with this yarn.

Thank you Tausendschön

My original goal with Avast was to do it for NaKniSweMo - National Knit a Sweater Month. It is the same logic as NaNoWriMo but instead of 50,000 words written being written [as a novel], the sweater consists of around 50,000 stitches knitted. I thought that it would be a perfect fit with NaBloPoMo but, of course, it didn't really work out that way. I got the yarn on November 5th and the needles a few days later (though that was entirely my fault). Then I got amazingly frustrated with, The Sock (which, as well as its sibling, fits very well), and made myself finish it before doing anything else. That being said, Avast was much neglected until this week.

I'm still hoping that I can finish it this month though I won't beat myself over the head if I don't get it done. At the rate I'm going I'll finish the body by the end of the week, finish the arms (which I intend on knitting at the same time) in about a week and then there's the rest of the putting together of stuff that I've never done before because, this is my first sweater like project.

In non knitting news:
  • David Sedaris is amazing
  • My German teacher has decided that she needs to give us three times more work that she used to
  • I am becoming addicted to goulash
  • One washer and dryer for 120 people is not ok
  • 3 comments:

    Neuroknitter said...

    I'm betting you'll finish the sweater. Stick to your timeline. Don't let the new Tausendschön sock yarn tempt you!! It's gorgeous!! :)

    Anonymous said...

    you are getting addicted to gulyas (gulasch! in ger.)
    I really feel honored!
    I AM from the land of gulyas!
    hmmm!
    bye: rita

    Adam said...

    rita - i might have to get a recipe for gulyas/gulasch from you at some point - i love it! :)