Monday, November 26, 2007

Making up titles names is difficult

So among other things I did this weekend was work on Avast and this is where its at right now.


The yoke got finished on the bus ride from P&M Woolcraft (where I bought my wheel) and now I'm working on the hem of the collar. Then I have to do the bottom 2.5 inches or so and the hem of that, and then I'm done! Well not totally, it needs to be blocked and seamed (ew), and lastly the zipper needs to be sewed in.

Yesterday after meeting Milinda and Ben at Mocha Club I played video games (My Sims for Nintendo DS - the first time I had played on my DS since early Sept maybe) and spun some of the corriedale that I have.

Apparently I forgot about the front of the bobbin...

So I don't really run with the whole "beginners can only do this or that" philosophy. The skein that I took a picture thats on yesterday's post was spun at a 8:1 ratio and the stuff above is being spun 10:1. I'm going to end up plying it with a cream colored corriedale. Then I'm going to work on getting the hang of spinning on the fast flyer :) I made a little to-do list of knitting and spinning things during theory today. I also wrote five pages in my journal - this is what I do when people are giving presentations on info that I'm a. not interested in and b. don't have to be responsible for knowing. Oh and today less than half of the class was here.

No comments: