Friday, November 9, 2007

A big day for a little sock

On Wednesday morning I had three rows of the second Jaywalker done and now look what I have!

Oh how its grown :)

The "wing" stitches (as K. Bordhi would call them) are still not all worked but its getting there and they will be worked by the time I go to bed tonight. Sadly because of this Avast has been a bit neglected but not completely. I worked on it before school this morning and am in the beginning of the fourth repeat of the bottom cable band thing, which is going amazingly slowly. After the Jaywalker sock is done then I'll be able to focus the majority of my knitting attention to Avast (and start a new sock of course).

As it turns out, Vienna falls are amazingly like Portland falls. The only difference is that its a little colder (though late next week its supposed to be getting a lot colder) and the rain is lighter. We still have those glorious cloudy wet days though - today was one of them. Its also a lot more windy here which I'm not a fan of. Even though I'm not on the top floor of my dorm, I can still hear the rain fall because of some sort of landing that is right next to my window. I love it.

I also was well enough to force myself to go to school this morning for my one class, German. Of course once class started I realized that actually, I still am sick and with in 10 minutes I had a headache (I only get them if I'm sick or really dehydrated) and was hoarse. Thankfully my teacher realized this and only "made" me talk once (though when we would go over things and say them as a group aloud I would talk - which is how my voice got so hoarse so quickly). Other than that and my general tiredness I am feeling much better physically though still an anxious mess (hence why I had to force myself to go to school). As one of my friends jokingly said - Freud would have loved me.

No comments: