Sunday, November 11, 2007

Snow?!

I woke up this morning to rain, which quickly turned to rain mixed with snow and then snow! Normally I would be unhappy about the whole thing as I generally hate the idea of snow, but snow that stays for a short while and then melts. I can get behind that. Really its just that I hate looking at brown dirty snow and I hate walking through it. That being said, I had to walk through the falling snow to go out to coffee with Melinda this morning. It was really nice just sitting drinking coffee and eating scones watching it snow outside and chatting.

Yarn and the edge of a very tasty scone

We stayed at the coffee shop (ok it was Starbucks - we needed a break from the smoke filled coffee shops of Vienna, and it was one of the only coffee shops open at 10am on a Sunday) for about three hours and then proceeded back to our respective homes (by that time the snow had turned back to rain). Then, because you can never have too much coffee shop goodness, I went to my Sunday knitting group at...Starbucks. Again, we meet there because its the only coffee shop thats no smoking and the seats are comfy.

This is the mural that I see every time I walk up to Mariahilferstrasse on my way to Sunday knitting


I worked on Avast and finally am done with the cable band! I picked up the 177 stitches and am now on my way to 15" of mindless knitting :) Right now its small enough to fit into my bag with school stuff so I can work on it between classes. I'll take pictures of it soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Jaywalkers are quite nice. Mine are done now, too. I think I will move on to other sock patterns and leave the Jaywalkers to others.
Do you think you will knit them again?

I am loving Avast. I seem to have missed all the great 2006 Knitty patterns. Thanks to you, I am now catching up on them. I think this one goes in my queue along with Lizard Ridge.

That's a great picture of the mural and the reflecting building. Thanks. My Dad was born in the Hapsburgergasse and lived there until he was 21 (in 1939) and came to the U.S. I loved visiting Vienna with him a few years back. He knew every street, every building, everything, still.

Keep warm in the cold wet winter Vienna.

Gretl

Nikkiana said...

Keep the snow on your side of the planet. I don't want any. ;)

Neuroknitter said...

I'll take the snow!!! Send it here!!! I like the mural picture, very cool!

Adam said...

Gretl - I'll don't think I'll knit the jaywalkers again. I was fine with the first one and then was amazingly bored with the second.

Nikkiana - I will attempt to send you all of the snow I can, I hate the stuff

Neuroknitter - See you're the one who needs the snow! It actually milted right after it snowed. By the time Melinda and I left it was raining (around 1ish) and by the time I walked up to my Sunday knitting group it was basically gone and that was around 3pm