Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Roving

Time for more pictures of goodies that I got while in England! Actually this will be the last installment of it as the only things I bought were the wheel, some roving, and the suitcase for the wheel (and I'm assuming you don't need to see pictures of that). I figured I might as well braid the roving tonight before the cleaning people come (yes - my dorm has house cleaners, its so weird to me) tomorrow.

5 braids - in total 220g (4 braids of 50g one of 20g)

And a close up of it - this picture is more true to the colors than the first.

I'm waiting till I become more proficient at spinning before I spin this. It is the merino/silk blend that I got at P&M Woolcraft on Friday. They had a huge bag of this as well as a green colorway and another colorway, the color of which I can't remember.

2 comments:

Nikkiana said...

Ooooh! Pretty!

Peri said...

I've just finished spinning 200g of this in the red/orange colourway - it is delightful to spin with and of all the silk blends I've used it's been the smoothest and easiest to spin. I've chain plied it to get an amazing tweed effect - and it's so smooshy and soft - tis lovely!