Friday, November 16, 2007

Body - Finished!

Thats right, I finally finished the [lower] body of Avast! Sadly there are no pictures as of yet (though really, right now it looks almost the same as the pictures in the last post, just longer). So now the goal is to finish the sleeves this week - I'm going to cast them on right after I finish this post.

I also in the process of teaching my friend Milinda how to knit. Well ok, she knows how to knit, but I taught her the long-tail cast on (which she picked up really quickly) and how to purl (which she's still working out). She's making a ribbed at the moment so by the end of it she will be able to purl amazingly I'm sure. She also totally didn't have any problems with circular needles, not at all.

Also, by this time next week I a. will be in England and b. will have a wheel! A Lendrum most likely. The store that I'm buying it from emailed me back yesterday and told me that they do have them in stock and that they will be open on the 23rd. I also will be in the midsts of teaching another one of my friends how to knit, or at least thats what the plan is. We'll see how that goes as next week I will be very preocupied with the wheel.

I took pictures of the snow today but, sadly they won't be up until tomorrow because I am at Milinda's apt using her computer and haven't had a chance to upload them to flickr yet. Oh and yay for addi circs being super cheap in Europe - Portland people, you know what you're getting for Christmas!

2 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

Lendrum, Lendrum, Lendrum...we need to get you hooked up with some yummy roving now!!! :)

Adam said...

so now the new chant needs to be - [pretty] roving, [pretty] roving, [pretty] roving!