Thursday, November 1, 2007

Done! (well kinda)



Look! Its almost done! I'm actually struggling with whether or not to say that it is already done but all it needs is a border and then it shall be totally finished! I hopefully the yarn stores will be open tomorrow (today is a All Saints Day and I'm pretty sure most places are closed, tomorrow all of the universities are closed) so I can get the yarn for the border. I think I'm going to use Lopi (it cheap and while somewhat scratchy, look at the rest of the blanket - it has softed with blocking/wear) but we'll see. It's also making me actually make my bed in the morning (yes, I'm one of those horrible people who hate making his bed) because then I get the treat of seeing Lizard Ridge in all her glory.

The Jaywalker socks are going well thus far. I only have about two and a half inches of it worked but - I'm going to see Pique Dame with my friend Melinda today. For whatever reason it starts at 4 (as opposed to 6:30 or 7) which means that we have to be in line for standing room at 1:30 (its the second "night"), this equates to at least two hours of knitting time.

Lastly - I'm doing national blog posting month this year so hopefully I will actually update this every day....hopefully.

4 comments:

JustMe said...

Wow! Now that's a cool blanket! I am sure that all the stores are open today. (They would miss a good business day if they were not.)
BTW, I have friended you on Ravelry - I am a member of SnB Vienna, too, sort of. My blog is at http://www.fantasyknits.net. I don't get to go much to the meetings, mainly because I try to be a full-time student while being a full-time employee. Bad idea. =)

Neuroknitter said...

Your blanket is beautiful...I'm inspired!! I'm waiting to see the Jaywalkers on the blog....hint, hint! :)

Unknown said...

Ooohhh... 'tis beautimous.

Anonymous said...

realllllllly superfragilistic!
bye: rita